The nomination period for the 2024-2025 Campus Community Book Project, on the theme of health equity and justice, is closed. We will announce our 2024-2025 selection in spring 2024.
Each year, the Campus Council on Community and Diversity (CCC&D) and the Diversity & Inclusion Executive Leadership Team (DI-ELT) deliberate and select future Campus Community Book Project (CCBP) themes, and invite all members of the campus and greater community to nominate books for the upcoming Book Project cycle. As an educational institution, we endeavor to explore and engage thoughtfully about issues that impact our lives, directly and indirectly, with the goal of building a community that promotes diversity.
The Campus Community Book Project aims to foster dialogue among students, faculty, staff, and residents of the surrounding areas about important social issues. It also promotes learning about varied perspectives and ideas concerning the chosen topic.
We welcome nominations of books that meet the following criteria:
- Compelling and thought-provoking to engage us in dialogue about contemporary controversial issues and to raise questions that have many possible answers.
- Well-written, accessible, and engaging to a general audience.
- Short enough to be read within the time frame usually allotted for coursework.
- Provocative and intriguing to as many members of the community as possible, to invite diverse participation and integration into discussion groups and courses across disciplines.
- Written by someone who is still living.
- Author is a guest to the campus.
Any published work that is still in print in paperback—including non-fiction work, plays, novels, collections of short stories or essays—is eligible. An additional consideration for the recommended title is that the book's author will be available to speak as part of the Mondavi Center's Speakers Series.
Nominated titles are reviewed annually by the volunteer Book Project Selection Committee, which gives its recommendations to campus leadership.
For more information about the nomination and selection process, please contact email@example.com.